Updated February 27th 2012.
Send me a message if you have found a website you want to recommend or you find a dead link on my site.
Departments at Semmelweis University
- Department of Anatomy I
- Department of Anatomy II
- Department of Biology and Immunology
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physical Education (gym class)
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology I
- Department of Pathology II
- Department of Patophysiology Updated website: Department of Pathophysiology
- Department of Internal Medicine I
- Department of Internal Medicine II
- Department of Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Surgery I
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Intensive Medicine (requires use of Internet Explorer)
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Pediatrics I
- Department of Pediatrics II
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Urology
- Department of Traumatology Their website will later change to: www.mutetinfo.hu
- Department of Emergency Medicine / Oxyology
- Department of Family Medicine
Other Semmelweis University links
- SOTE English Program Website
- Neptun System
- International Student Association of Semmelweis (ISAS)
- New Semmelweis University website
Other student organizations
- Association of Norwegian Students Abroad (ANSA) – Hungary
- Israeli Student Organization of Hungary (ISOH)
Student run websites
- Medical Fever – established 2007 by an Iranian student (6th year)
- Steven Hajdu’s Photoblog – Medical student and friend of mine. Amazing pictures.
- Photozoa.net – A bunch of us got together and made this photo site
- Male Association of Norwegian Neanderthals Abroad (MANNSA) – Norwegian
- Budapest Sun Newspaper
- Budapest Week Magazine
- Budapest Times Newspaper
- Street Finder Budapest
- Movie listings in English
- Dirty Cheap Budapest – a cool travel guide
Recommended links for entrance exam
- McGraw-Hill Basic biology with great animations!
Links for each academic subject: YEAR 1 – 2
Anatomy and Embryology
- Acland Video Atlas of Human Anatomy – Awesome video collection!
- Human Embryology Animations – University of Indiana. Very good. Used during lecture.
- The Virtual Body – A fun, but not very detailed view of the human body. Nice flash animations.
- Neuroscience tutorial – The Washington University Medical School. One of the best sites for Neuroanatomy.
- The whole brain atlas – Harvard Medical School
- Anatomy dissections – QuickTime movies from Univ of Wisconsin
- The anatomy lesson – By a retired professor from Georgetown Univ.
- Neuroanatomy and neuropathology – Links from University of Debrecen
- Virtual Slidebox – University of Iowa
- Histology Tutorial – University of Florida
- LUMEN Histology – Loyola University
- Todar’s Textbook of Bacteriology
- Kimball’s Biology Pages – This site has been recommended by Semmelweis Department of Biology. Excellent source for developmental biology (among other things)
- Collection of animations – collection of links to animations in several fields (mostly biology).
- Bill Wasserman’s Developmental Biology – University of Chicago. Great site!
- DNA interactive – Dolan DNA Learning Center
- Simple Physics – MRI made simple.
- MRI Sites on the Web – Collection of links for MRI
- http://www.cis.rit.edu/htbooks/nmr/inside.htm – A new, REALLY GOOD site about MRI! I used it all the time, simply forgot to add it here.
- HyperPhysics – Very good site from Georgia State University
- How Nuclear Medicine Works – From HowStuffWorks.com
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- The Medical Biochemistry Page – Fantastic website for Biochemistry. One of my favorites.
- Links for Chemists – University of Liverpool’s page with more than 3000 resources for chemistry!
- Chemistry Resources Online – UCLA’s collection
- Blaufuss Multimedia Heart Sounds – Great site for heart anatomy and function. Interactive with quiz!
- Heart Physiology – Check out the keyword section for easy browsing. Great for learning about the heart function.
Links for each academic subject: YEAR 3 – 6
Microbiology and Immunology
- Microbiology and Immunology On-Line – Fantastic site. My personal favorite that makes other sites obscolete.
- Flash Animations – Louisiana State University. Great animations of microbiology and techniques.
- Textbook of Bacteriology – Site by Kenneth Todar of University of Wisconsin. Recommended by Sverre (thanks!).
- Medical Microbiology – Southern Univ Illinois. Very good site that covers all aspects of microbiology.
- Medical Microbiology – Graduate school of Biomedical Sciences, TX. Recommended by Dr Berek (Dept of Microbiology, SOTE)
- Hematological Atlas – Polish University.
- Collection of hematological links – from Karolinska University, Stockholm
- Digestive Diseases – National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- ECG library
- ECG Learning Center – very good site. Goes through ECG step-by-step.
- The Path Guy – Amazing site with equally amazing links.
- Internet Pathology Laboratory – Nice collection of slides and anatomical examples
- BATES Physical Examinations – The best one!!
- Physical Examination Videos – University of Virginia
- Physical Examination Videos – University of Florida
- Physical Examination Tutorial – University of California San Diego
- The Auscultation Assistant – Great site for heart and lung sounds!
- Chest X-ray atlas – lots of examples to look at.
- Radiology for students – excellent collection online from University of Szeged.
- Blaufuss Multimedia Heart Sounds – Interactive with quiz!
- WebSurg – you wanna be a surgeon? Bookmark this site NOW and start watching videos!
- Surgical tutor – British site for students of medicine
- Primary surgery online – German Society of Tropical Surgery
- ENT-USA – Great ENT site
- Dermatology lecture notes – Professor and head of dept – Calcutta, India
- Dermatology atlas – Layola University
- Electronic textbook of Dermatology – The Internet Dermatology Society
- World Ortho – Comprehensive site with excellent pictures and thorough examination and theoretical guides.
- Examination of cranial nerves – University of Utah
- Disorders of the nervous system – Dartmouth University
- Ophthobook – The only website you need! Thanks, Trygve
- The Atlas of Ophthalmology – a free online site endorsed by the International Council of Ophthalmology. Recommended by Cathrine:-)
- Anatomy of the Eye at Lensshopper – Commercial site, but they have a nice interactive “Anatomy of the Eye”
- Primary surgery online – German Society of Tropical Surgery
- Casting and splinting techniques – University of Iowa
- Fractures in the Merck Manual
- Merck Manual Online
- Mayo Clinic – Has an excellent disease library
- PubMed – find the latest in medical research!
- MedicineNet – the authors of Webster’s New World Medical Dictionary
- WhoNamedIt – find out where the name comes from
- OR-Live – Streaming video from surgeries and other resources. Recommended by Sverre (thanks!).